29 décembre, 2019

Only for You

You were my everything,
But I let you down.
Now I hardly feel,
Like I'm broken down.

It's funny though isn't it?
How before you left everything was shit.
And now that you're gone,
I force myself to go on and on.

I don't want to disappoint you.
I pray you were right.
If I ever choose to leave though,
It wouldn't be right, Would it?

I used to stare in the mirror,
And scream my lungs out.
I used to draw bloody lines on my hands,
To feel the things I couldn't  write about.

The day you left I think I died with you. 
I would stare and stare,
You didn't even look like you;
So I locked the door,
And took care of you.
I'd never let you down, 
You know that, don't you?

Then when I left the room,
And locked myself in the bathroom;
I cried at my reflection,
Full of guilt from old intentions.

Somedays I let myself down.
But it's not the same as letting you down.
I cry, I hurt, but I won't disrespect you!
I might want to die sometimes, but I'll always pull through!

Only for you...

― Mélissa Gonzalez, 10 Décembre 2019



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire